Friday, October 19, 2012

What to do with pumpkins????

My daughter is sick so my days have been devoted to trips to the urgent care, doctor appointments, waiting at the pharmacy and lots of comforting. I haven't been able to get back on the exercise band wagon yet and have fallen back on quick and convenient processed and restaurant foods. There has also been lots of chocolate because I'm an emotional eater with a sick and grumpy kiddo who has been keeping me up at night with her coughing. We're hanging in the best we can, though.

I found a pumpkin patch last night. Pie pumpkins are only a buck each! I only bought one to start since I've never cooked a pumpkin before. Well, actually, we bought two pie pumpkins and two smaller ones, but we decorated them! The one without glitter is the going to go in the oven soon.

What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?

1 comment:

  1. I am not a huge pumpkin fan- but I have some great recipes for cookies and one for pumpkin muffins which are just YUMMY!

    Thank you for reminding me- I have 3 pumpkins I need to clean, bake and puree to make the above!

    ReplyDelete