Saturday, October 27, 2012

Healthy Recipe Fail - Quinoa Pumpkin Pancakes

I'm trying to cook healthier, whole foods meals for my daughter (and self). I saw a recipe for quinoa pumpkin pancakes on Facebook and decided to try it this morning, since I had both main ingredients in the pantry.

The recipe called for 2 cups of quinoa to be ground into a flour. Apparently, I do not have the right gadget to do this. I tried in both my Ninja shark mini food processor (which I LOVE) and big blender. Some of it ground, but there was lots that didn't. I went ahead with the recipe.

The crunchy texture wasn't the problem. The taste was. awful They just didn't taste good. Even with butter and real maple syrup added.

My daughter said, "Wow! This tastes like something to make people eat for punishment!"

  Rave review, eh?

I agreed with her, though. They were gross.

We've come across lots of yummy healthy recipes, but this one was an epic fail.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can I contact you through your email? I've something to share that might interest you.

    Aaron
    aarongrey112 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete